What about Landlord Insurance (property insurance)?

Category: Contract and Starting Out

Most homeowner insurance policies will not cover your property when it’s rented. You need a “landlord policy” to cover your rental property. Our brokerage (Strawberry Property Management LLC) must be named “Additional Insured” on that policy with $500k minimum liability coverage.

Note: “Additional Interest” is not the same as “Additional Insured” and will not work. All standardized Las Vegas property management contracts require the owners to add the brokerage as “Additional Insured”.

Here are some insurance agents who have helped our clients with this:

  • NREIG – National Real Estate Insurance Group – they specifically cater to real estate investors and offer many coverage options.
    11500 NW Ambassador Dr Ste 310
    Kansas City MO 64153
    Phone: 888-741-8454 ext 446
    Contact: Marissa Valdez
    Or use their online form to get started here.
  • Farmers Insurance
    4458 N Rancho Dr Ste 110
    Las Vegas NV 89130
    Phone: 702-359-0507
    Contact: Michelle Youshock
  • AmeriSent Insurance
    6070 S. Eastern Av Ste 400
    Las Vegas NV 89119
    Phone: 702-456-1400
    Contact: Iliana Lima
  • Safeco Insurance
    4013 E Sunset Rd
    Henderson NV 89014-0215
    Phone: 702-706-7283
  • Farmers Insurance
    6345 S Rainbow Blvd Ste 103
    Las Vegas NV 89118
    Phone: 702-363-6900
    Contact: Stephanie Martinez