Move- in / Move-out Checklist
We aim to keep your move stress-free.
Welcome! Congratulations on your new rental home! Thank you for choosing to rent with Strawberry Realty.
We know there are tons of rental options in the Las Vegas area, so we are glad you chose us! Once you have signed your lease, then paid deposits and move in fees, you will be invited to set up a password in your new Online Tenant Portal. This is where you can access your private account to pay rent, request maintenance, view your account history, etc.
Paying Your Rent
• Online – Pay Your Rent Now
• Cash – If you cannot pay online, you can pay in cash at various stores with Billpay stations. Ask us for a CashPay sheet if you need to use this method.
Must be switched to your name by move-in. You can setup all utilities online here: https://myfreeconnection.com/strawberrypm or call: 877-528-3824 Please check your lease to see which utilities to set up in your own name.
Please complete the move in condition report and note any issues. This must be completed, signed and returned to us within 5 business days after you move in.
Please report all repair requests via your Online Tenant Portal.
A 30-day notice is required before move-out. Please ensure your notice is provided on time to avoid penalties or extra pro-rated rent. You can complete your Move-Out Notice here. Please make sure to choose a Walk-Through date that is before your final move-out date. Also please make sure you provide an accurate forwarding address, so we can contact you regarding your Security Deposit and any other issues.
Pay Last Month’s Rent
The last month rent must be paid on time per lease, to avoid penalties.
Make sure to schedule utilities to be transferred to your new residence or canceled. Please note that your lease requires you to leave the utilities ON for at least 2 business days after your move out, to allow us time to transfer them to a landlord account. Due to utility companies charging unpaid bills to owners, we require that all tenants provide proof of all utilities paid in full within 25 days after moving out. Failure to provide this may result in forfeiture of the Security Deposit.
The rental home must be free of all trash and debris and in clean condition. If you paid a cleaning fee before move-in, you still must remove all of your belongings, trash, and debris. You will be responsible for any cleaning costs above the original cleaning fee paid.
If you did not pay a cleaning fee before move-in, you will be responsible for thorough cleaning. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Wipe down all surfaces
- Sweep and mop hard floors
- Clean and sanitize all appliances, inside and out
- Scrub kitchen and bathrooms including counters, sinks, tubs, toilets, showers, mirrors
- Clean up the yard – including removal of all weeds and trash
- Remove stains from walls, cabinets, and other surfaces
- Replace all missing or non-working light bulbs
- Have all carpets professionally cleaned (must provide receipt)
Generally, make sure the home is clean and in the same condition as when you moved in.
- Property must be clean and free of damage including holes in walls, pet or smoking odors, etc.
- If you painted any walls, you must paint them back to original color.
- If any items are found broken or missing after you move out, you may be charged for the repair cost.
To avoid deductions from your deposit, you must leave the home in the same condition as when you moved in. In addition:
- Turn in all keys, garage remotes, gate clickers, pool / mail / community keys.
- Provide proof that all utility bills are paid in full within 25 days after moving out.
We have 30 days after you return possession of the rental home to us, to disburse your Security Deposit. Any repair or cleaning costs deducted will be shown in a statement. Remember, you cannot skip the last month’s rent, no matter how much Security Deposit you paid. The last month rent must be paid on time per lease, to avoid penalties.